Spirit of Cricket
Cricket owes much of its appeal and enjoyment to the fact that it should be played not only according to the Laws, but also within the Spirit of Cricket. The major responsibility for ensuring fair play rests with the captains, but extends to all players, match officials and, especially in junior cricket, teachers, coaches, and parents.
- Respect is central to the Spirit of Cricket.
- Respect your captain, team-mates, opponents, and the authority of the umpires.
- Play hard and play fair.
- Accept the umpire’s decision without derision.
- Create a positive atmosphere by your own conduct and encourage others to do likewise.
- Show self-discipline, even when things go against you.
- Congratulate the opposition on their successes and enjoy those of your own team.
- Thank the officials and your opposition at the end of the match, whatever the result.
Cricket is an exciting game that encourages leadership, friendship, and teamwork, which brings together people from different nationalities, cultures, religions, and social standings especially when played within the Spirit of Cricket
Hamilton Old Boys Cricket Club
HOBCC now consists of five senior teams and more than a dozen junior teams, catering to all ages and abilities.